Sunday, July 1, 2012

Somerset County Park Commision 2012 Summer Concert Series

The Somerset County Park Commission's 2012 Summer Concert Series kicks off this evening with The Duprees.

The Duprees are a 1960s doo-wop style group founded in Jersey City, New Jersey. Their first million seller, You Belong to Me, is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year...


According to the Park Commission's website,
The Duprees are known world-over for their romantic interpretations of some of the most beautiful love songs ever written. Hailing from New Jersey, in 1962, The Duprees struck gold with You Belong to Me. Their unmistakable sound was born, and the hits kept rolling, including Have You Heard, My Own True Love, and Goodnight My Love. With 40 years in the recording business, The Duprees have never slowed down, still touring and recording after 50 years!
The SCPC concert is scheduled from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Duke Island Park on Old York Road in Bridgewater.

There is no admission charge for the concert. Take a chair or blanket and your camera. Well-mannered dogs on leashes who do well in crowds are welcome. Many concertgoers bring a snack and there is usually an ice-cream truck there.

The concerts are outdoors, so if the weather appears questionable call (908)722-1200 ext. 7.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the DuPrees!! I have the 60's station on every radio and car we own. Nothing like music from the 60's and late 50's!! I have it going on my XM radio as I type this!!

Thanks for visiting "Happy Days" and hope you'll be back again. Wanted to tell you I did have Chevy have the Bordella nose drops, as I will be showing him in August and at the present time we are going to Conformation classes with a bunch of other dogs, so I had it given to him as a precaution. I have an Aunt that lives in Morristown, is that near you? ...debbie