Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Type A and T'ai Chi

Due to a recent blood pressure problem, I investigated different ways to keep it under control including diet, exercise, breathing, aromatherapy,and T'ai Chi.

It's the T'ai Chi that has been a source of amusement for my family and my doctor. I had already purchased a beginning practice DVD some time ago, so this week I dusted it off and gave it a try.

Shortly after, a family member stuck his head around the corner after hearing me raising my voice to the TV - "Geez, will you just hurry up and show me the next movement!" He commented that he didn't think that the idea was to hurry.

Today he laughingly repeated the story to the doctor who said that T'Ai Chi was a slow form of meditation and suggested that perhaps that wasn't the best way for me to go.

2 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

I can relate. I'm a Type A, too.

Val said...

LOL - maybe you could pass those tapes to me - I think I qualify as a Type B.